The Exner Block gallery is currently searching for an intern who would like to partake in running a non-profit gallery for a period of time. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is studying the arts (either studio, history, or administration) to develop skills in all aspects of running a small non-profit gallery space.This includes:
- Creating Show Concepts, Developing Call For Entries, Jurying Works.
- Preparing the gallery for a show, hanging work, cataloging pieces, making labels.
- Generating Advertising for the show: press release, ads, etc.
- Uploading information about the show to the website.
- A time commitment of approximately 20 hours per month.
The intern will meet weekly with their guide for a period of two hours to receive feedback, guidance, and instruction when needed. Currently, the mentor in place has served in a retail gallery setting for over 6 years. She managed a gallery in both Woodstock, NY and Red Bank, NJ and then she transitioned to a high end gallery in New York City where she worked for two years. This wonderful experience will prepare you for the gallery world in many respects. No stipend is offered at this time so time commitments can be negotiated. Please contact Dawn Russell for more information.